Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assembly Supervision 1
at Triumph Group
- Requisition Number
- # of Positions Remaining
- Position Type
- Full time
- Experience (Years)
- Manufacturing/Production/Operations - All
- Security Clearance Required?
Triumph Aerospace Structures, a tier-one manufacturer for commercial, military, and business jet aircraft is currently seeking an Assembly Supervisor to manage its Manufacturing Operations Assembly and Product Delivery for the Marshall Street facility in Grand Prairie, TX. This position will be responsible for providing day to day supervision for aircraft assemblers. This role is responsible for monitoring the daily operations of their unit and actively assisting in or providing direction to their subordinates as required. The Assembly Supervisor also may perform, especially in staff or professional groups ongoing operational tasks of organizational unit.
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, sub-assemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. Triumph makes a commitment to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer, whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly.
The Assembly Supervisor will be responsible for providing front line supervision for aircraft assemblers by monitoring the daily operations as well as to plan/coordinate the production scheduling for a given program. The supervisor will be responsible for providing direction, instruction and training within the established safety, quality, and schedule production standards and goals set forth by the company.
The Assembly Supervisor will perform the following responsibilities:
- Supervise approximately 20-25 assembly workers in an aircraft manufacturing assembly, union environment.
- Lead and motivate teams using leadership skills
- Ensures Manufacturing Operations comply with customer and engineering regulations, specifications and performance objectives are met.
- Responsible for leading product process and support team to produce high-quality products with competitive costs within prescribed lead times.
- Executing at the speed of the Customer, being customer focus at all times.
- Execute to our Safety and Quality Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Will manage compliance with high integrity and trust.
- Bachelor's degree or efforts of working towards degree
- 3 years in a Supervior role or related experience
- Experience working in a Union environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of Supervisory/Team Lead experience with demonstrated ability to lead work of others, assign work and follow up on the work assignments given to others.
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma training or experience
- Experience with materials planning/control
- Aircraft/aerospace industry experience is highly preferred
- Hands-On Mindset - possess the ability to learn the business/assembly process