Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Transformation & Management Specialist
at Triumph Group
- Requisition Number
- # of Positions Remaining
- Position Type
- Full time
- Experience (Years)
- Information Technology - All
- Security Clearance Required?
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
We are seeking a Data Management Specialist who will be responsible for supporting data analysis and ETL for all ERP migrations as well as the maintenance, improvement, cleaning, and manipulation of master and transactional data in the business’s operational databases. This is primarily to support the implementation of the Infor Cloud Suite Industrial ERP platform, or Syteline. The Data Management Specialist works with the business’s enterprise application teams, data analytics teams, and data scientists where applicable in order to understand and aid in the implementation of database requirements, analyze performance, and troubleshoot any existent issues. The position of the Data Management Specialist also plays a key role in the development and deployment of innovative big data platforms for advanced analytics and data processing as those initiatives evolve.
- Design and develop scalable data analysis and ETL packages from the business source systems and the development of scripts in order to populate enterprise standard databases from sources.
- Create common processes for the creation and maintenance of master data across many ERP systems in use across the enterprise and support operations by monitoring and analyzing master data, key data, and master relationship data within the enterprise.
- Assist in the establishment of data governance policies and procedures and oversight.
- Monitor changes to master data (e.g. customer, vendor, materials, etc.) to ensure process adherence.
- Identify areas for data quality improvements and help resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
- Ensure quality of data in key systems, as well as, development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity and work closely with the business/IT to ensure alignment of master data rules and the operations of the application meet all requirements.
- In collaboration with subject matter experts and data stewards, define and implement a data strategy, standards, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the enterprise data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable.
- Manage, analyze, and resolve data initiative issues and manages revisions needed to best meet internal and customer requirements while adhering to published data standards.
- Conduct data cleaning and archiving to rid the system of old, unused data, or duplicate data for better management and quicker access.
- Provide data consulting in support of business and information technology initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in information science, data management, computer science or related field preferred.
- Five or more years of experience in data analysis and/or master data management.
- Experience with industry standards, regulations, and guidelines in data management.
- Experience with company hardware and software products to make sound financial recommendations.
- Experience with information security practices and available security software packages.
- Experience with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures.
- Experience in relational databases.
- Familiarity with SAP and Infor Cloud Suite Industrial (Syteline) ERP systems.
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills.
- Good communication skills to communicate with customers, team members, external data providers, and management.
- Good skills in data administration, design, and architecture.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.