Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineering-Systems 3-07 (Value Engineering & Cost Analyst)
at Triumph Group
- Requisition Number
- # of Positions Remaining
- Position Type
- Full time
- Experience (Years)
- Engineering - All
- Security Clearance Required?
The Cost Analysis Engineer will perform cost estimating and provide ‘should cost’ estimates in the areas of Design to Cost, Design for Manufacturing and Design for Producibility. The Cost Analyst will work closely with Business Development, Core Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain Management on new or revised business opportunities, capabilities, and processes.
The ideal candidate will conduct cost analyses and help identify cost reduction opportunities throughout the entire product life cycle from concept through development, production, and field operations. The candidate will be responsible for best practices, standard procedures, and methods throughout the Core Engineering functions.
- Perform and manage various simple to complex “should cost” analysis to help manage product cost including preparation of Bottoms-up, Rough Order of Magnitude (RoM) and Parametric cost estimates
- Perform cost estimating activities throughout the product life cycle
- Support Value Engineering events with key suppliers to identify cost savings opportunities
- Evaluate part manufacturing processes and cost for “should cost” and cost improvement
- Develop best practices guidelines for engineering team to achieve cost improvements
- Determine cost targets and cost management rationale for Procurement
- Evaluate costs of equivalent supplier products for best value
- Manage service providers in preparation of should cost analyses
- Deploy should cost methodology throughout the design and procurement process
- Monitor Manufacturing, Procurement and Engineering activities to evaluate risk and progress of cost reduction implementation plans
- Support continuous improvement of estimating techniques
- Prepare Independent Cost Estimates for comparison to bottoms up proposal estimates
- Support development programs with cost target development and Life Cycle Cost tracking
- Develop new standard procedures and methods to improve cost and best value analyses throughout the product life cycle
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, Manufacturing, Systems, etc.) is required. A Business/Economics major with strong experience in statistics and/or mathematical modeling may be considered.
- At least 10 years of experience in one or more of a wide range of estimating activities that may include engineering, manufacturing, proposals, purchasing, and operations support is required.
- Specific knowledge of one or more commercial parametric / statistical and operations-based cost estimating models (SEER (preferred), PRICE, Boothroyd, Dewhurst, MTI, aPriori, TRUEPlanning etc.); Subject Matter Expert level experience with cost accounting / estimating / statistical modeling in a manufacturing environment could also be considered.
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, etc.)
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering and/or Business Administration
- Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering experience
- Aerospace industry
- Prior experience working with U.S. government customers