Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Prod Plan/Sched 3-06 (Master Scheduler 3)
at Triumph Group
- Requisition Number
- # of Positions Remaining
- Position Type
- Full time
- Experience (Years)
- Engineering - All
- Security Clearance Required?
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
The Master Scheduler is responsible for the preparation, development, maintenance and analysis of complex and integrated work package master schedules to meet program objectives and requirements and will work directly with program management and engineering leads to ensure the integrity of program schedules. This position is responsible for the generation of metrics, ETC reports and validation and will create detailed presentations with regular graphical task status and Earned Value metric updates for management review. The Master Scheduler will be considered a lead role and MS Project SME for best practices in scheduling and will contribute to the implementation of process improvements of current scheduling practices and metrics. This position will also be expected to mentor others within the scheduling team on scheduling basics and earned value fundamentals.
- Work with multiple functional disciplines such as engineers, manufacturing, operations, project managers, finance and systems engineers to develop and maintain project schedules.
- Work with Microsoft Project Schedule on a daily basis to develop, manage, and track resource loaded schedules.
- Work with and lead other schedulers to develop and manage an integrated master schedule. May be assigned some sections of this schedule to work independently.
- Experience and understanding of Earned Value Management. Experience with Department of Defense Programs a plus but not mandatory.
- Able to learn, utilize and offer improvements for standard company policies and practices in the areas of scheduling and earned value management.
- Enjoy interacting with people of diverse backgrounds and personalities.
- Experience with Critical Path Analysis.
- Be responsible for tracking dependencies, critical path and float in multiple schedules.
- Develop, run and present graphical reports and metrics to management to show schedule status at a detail level.
- Run earned value metrics.
Successful candidates typically have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 6 years of relevant experience or10 years of experience working with Microsoft Project without a degree
- Extensive experience with resource loaded schedules in Microsoft Project 2010.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word. and have a strong aptitude for learning new software applications.
- Ability to pivot, adapt quickly to change and function in a fast paced working environment.
- Critical thinking skills and have the ability to reason through issues using logic and common sense.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Must be very diligent and detail oriented with the ability to be self-directed when given general guidance and parameters.