Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Manager, Quality
at Triumph Group
- Requisition Number
- # of Positions Remaining
- Position Type
- Full time
- Experience (Years)
- Quality Assurance - All
- Security Clearance Required?
Triumph Aerospace Structures, a tier-one manufacturer for commercial, military, and business jet aircraft is currently seeking a Quality Senior Manager for the Red Oak facility to oversee the entire Total Quality Management System for the Red Oak site. The Quality Senior Manager will direct and manage the integrated quality workforce (QA, QC, QE) to prevent defects as well as escapes and will be responsible for directing all phases of quality support from inception to completion, direct the efforts to support variation management and process capability improvement and assures full compliance to the Triumph Quality Management system as well as holding individuals accountable for the quality of their work products. This role will have full responsibility for program quality success.
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, sub-assemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. Triumph makes a commitment to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer, whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly.
The Quality Senior Manager will be responsible for:
- Risk and opportunity management with a focus in process engineering and collaboration across the value stream. Continuous improvement and maximizing program return on sales with a focus on reducing cost and improving product quality performance.
- Primary customer contact for team quality activities, leading review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Maintaining close integration with customer to quickly adapt to changing environment and responsible for maintaining customer relationship both externally and internally.
- Establishing milestones and monitoring adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions.
- Managing utilization of statistical methods and preventive action methods to evaluate and initiate actions to identify and control sources of variation detrimental to quality, cost, and schedule targets.
- Initiating effort to conduct/coordinate process and product evaluations and assessments. Emphasis will be placed on validation of key process capability.
- Scope of responsibility also includes; quality and cost data analysis, root cause corrective and preventive action, supplier quality integration tasks, along with area or multiple area improvement strategy and planning.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in technical field such as Engineering, Math or Science and/or 10 years of related aerospace quality management/leadership experience
- Minimum 5 years technical leadership/management experience
- Aerospace/Aviation industry experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of AS9100 regulations
- MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to work well with all levels within the organization to drive change
- Excellent interpersonal skills for collaboration, communication and presentations
- Strong communication and change management skills with ability to lead through change
- CQE, CQM or NDI certifications a plus
- Experience working with DCMA, NAVAIR, FAA or other commercial OEMs a plus
- SAP or other ERP system
- MES/Team Center