Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Desktop Support Specialist - Irving, TX
TTEC requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check and depending on location and client program a drug test, as a condition of employment. TTEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, upgrades, replaces and repairs computer systems hardware and computer peripherals. Act as an escalation point for complex technical and configuration issues.
- Softphone and Hard Phone Configuration and Administration.
- Monitor and Maintain Desktop Compliance such as SCCM Client Health, SEP Anti-Virus and MS Patch updates.
- Monitor and Maintain Site's DHCP IPs ensuring each client/department has enough IP Pool, VLAN Configuration and Administration.
- Assist with implementing discovery, planning and managing projects. Act as a liaison between other departments and the Site IT group.
- Work with other IT teams during the development and deployment phase of new desktop images or software projects. Recommend method changes for processes and general group development involving new technology.
- Employee will need to provide minimal training and technical assistance to end users.
- Able to lead by example and act as a mentor to Desktop Support Associate Technicians.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in one or more areas vital to the success of the call center such as production application support, internal e-mail support, and quality assurance system support.
- Creating/Updating documentations like SOPs Job Aids, FAQs, etc.
- Relevant two-year associate or bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Superior IT support knowledge is required. Must be able to install, configure and troubleshoot current desktop operating systems.
- Working knowledge of PC hardware and Microsoft software applications (e.g. MS Office, etc.).
- Working knowledge of SCCM, Antivirus, TACACS, VLAN, DHCP, Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, network and remote administration, software deployment as well as imaging software and processes.
- High attention to detail in planning, reporting and execution of assigned work and must be proactive in resolving issues or developing better work practices.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have good time management skills for daily tasks and projects.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, rotating schedules and additional hours as required.
- Working knowledge is desired in scripting using PowerShell, DOS base and other command language
- Working knowledge in creating/updating documentation (i.e. SOP's, Job Aids, FAQ's, etc.)