Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Middleware & DevOps Engineer
at TTI, inc.
Designs, Installs, configures, integrates, maintains and troubleshoots Middleware systems i.e WebSphere Application server, WebSphere/ActiveMQ server, CTG, Jboss EAP, Kubernetes, Docker, Azure Kubernetes Service, Tomcat, Apache HTTP server and IIS environments on Windows and Unix platforms.
Establishes workflows, automates and troubleshoots code deployment and release processes using DevOps tools such (Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, uDeploy, Nexus, Sonar, Nginx, etc) and scripting languages (Shell scripting, Python, Powershell, etc.)
Provides technical support to the application developers for the development, QA and production environments for a variety of business systems.
Interfaces and assists development teams and other IT groups to gather the infrastructure and middleware requirements in the analysis, design and deployment of business solutions that utilize the Middleware platforms and automate systems using DevOps.
Serves as a liaison between the development teams and Infrastructure teams as it relates to the application middleware and platform.
Effectively maintains all application servers by performing maintenance to include patching and upgrades as necessary.
Ensures application server security integrity by reviewing and implementing policies within the system.
Monitors availability of the application servers and optimizes configurations to provide appropriate performance and availability.
Develops and sets standards for supporting Middleware and DevOps.
Rotating On-Call for Production support.
Mentors less experienced team members.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED required. A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science plus 10 years related IT experience; or equivalent combination of education or experience preferred.
8 years of Experience in Middleware servers – WebSphere Application server, WebSphere/ActiveMQ, CTG, JBoss EAP, Jetty, Apache Tomcat and HTTP Server, IIS server
5 years’ Experience in DevOps tools – Jenkins, Maven, Ant, GIT, SVN, uDeploy etc
Senior level experience with general web technologies (webservers, load balancers, databases, ldap, http protocol, JAVA, html, SSL etc). Senior level experience with designing scripts, or application development experience. Senior level experience with DevOps tools and technologies. JVM experience with performance tuning, troubleshooting, general design principals. Integrating application servers and MQ. Developing, testing and maintaining business continuity strategies relating to the application server environment.
Experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting.
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Expert in Websphere Application Server and WebSphere/ActiveMQ.
- Expert in JBoss EAP.
- Expert in Apache Tomcat and Apache HTTP Server.
- Expert in Jenkins and GIT
- Expert in UNIX and Windows OS for troubleshooting.
- Expert in Scripting (Shell, Jython, Powershell etc).
- Knowledge of JAVA, J2EE, JMS programming.
- Experience with Content Management systems, like Adobe Experience Manager, a plus.
- Expert in Cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure) and Containers (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking ability.
- Strong attention to detail skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams with a collaborative interpersonal style.
- Good verbal and written communications skills with the ability to effectively document procedures.
- Ability to work weekends and after business hours.
- Possess accurate keyboarding proficiency.
- Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, to enter data into a computer terminal; to perceive and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids.
- Detect and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; converse in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
What we offer our team members:
- A great benefits package that includes (but is not limited to) Medical/ Dental/ Vision, 401(k)/Roth plan with matching, Healthcare Savings Accounts
- Educational Assistance (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Ongoing training throughout your employment with opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs
- A strong focus on giving back to our communities through philanthropic opportunities
Want to learn more? Visit us at Working at TTI, Inc.
TTI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, veterans’ status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.