Tuesday Morning Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Tuesday Morning Corp.
We are currently seeking a Retail Buyer to join our team. The Buyer plans, purchases, communicates, and controls merchandising, pricing and marketing strategies for assigned areas while maximizing sales and profits and increasing market share for Tuesday Morning.
- Develop a competitive merchandise assortment plan that is customer focused and monitors and adjusts sales plan by staying abreast of fashion/industry trends and competition
- Build strong product assortment with suppliers, negotiate pricing and manage inventory in assigned categories
- Evaluate suppliers on new and existing products, including but not limited to quality, pricing, shipping time, customer demand and return on investment
- Integrate brand, sourcing, marketing and retail supply chain functions into the merchandising process to make business decisions
- Attend trade shows, markets and visit vendor facilities to meet vendors, negotiate merchandise purchases and research new industry trends and products.
- Identify items to maximize promotional and marketing strategies and determine lifecycle of each item.
- Ability to recognize, analyze and quantify market trends
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will possess:
- College degree or equivalent business experience
- 4-6 years progressive merchandising experience; preferably with off price-retail experience.
- Ability to build strong business partnerships both internally and externally and demonstrate adaptability and flexibility as business strategies change.
- Strong decision making ability, analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced/dynamic environment
- Proficiency in Word, Excel required
We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits to include 401(k), best-in-class products, and more! Both innovative and high-performing, our stores provide you with unlimited possibilities to start your career. Be a part of the Tuesday Morning growth!