Uber Technologies, inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Finance Operations Procure-to-Pay Lead
at Uber Technologies, inc
- Finance & Accounting - Finance Operations
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Uber seeks a Finance Operations Procure-to-Pay Lead to join our FinOps Procure-to-Pay(P2P) team. This position will be located in Dallas, TX and will support the development of overall P2P strategies, leading implementation of robust transaction policies, processes and tools. Enhance procure-to-pay processes aligned with Global Finops to accommodate business growth. Interacts with functional leaders to drive improvements of key KPI's such as on time payments.
The Procure-to-Pay Lead will provide both strategic as well as tactical insight into process status and future-state developments and works closely with FinTech and the remote BPO team supporting P2P transactional activities. The role will also be responsible for overseeing the North American Business Admin program operations and manage performance management.
The role spans across FinOps and interfaces with other P2P peers, FinTech and Internal Audit to deliver operational excellence, process efficiencies, compliance to key controls and address process pain-points.
This position would report to Finance Operations P2P Manager-NA.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for the P2P process: bring experience to the table, share best practices, proven business models
- Manage the North America Business Admin program to ensure compliance with P2P policies and procedures in an effort to drive operational excellence
- Identify, analyze and drive operational excellence opportunities
- Partner with other finance roles and business leaders, to evaluate finance performance
- Establish performance reporting and procedures for functional teams. Responsible for the accuracy, quality, insight and timeliness of transaction processes to help drive on time payments
- Acts as a P2P owner and develops a robust P2P strategy to drive compliance and efficiency at Uber
- Develop and draft policies and procedures
- Lead AP aging & exception cleanup efforts while leveraging BPO operations
- Responsible for the development of strategies to deliver procurement analytics across P2P. Creates a strategy for AP/ Transactional, processes and tools
- Support/lead ongoing system & tool implementation projects
What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Procure-to-Pay
- M.A., B.A. or B.S in Finance or Accounting, CPA or MBA preferred
- Proven ability to influence finance and non-finance teams
- 5+ years of leadership experience, managing finance, accounting and operational processes
- Solid experience working in or as strong (finance) business partnering environment, building out teams and demonstrated customer obsession and work ethic based on strong desire to exceed expectations
- Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills; including written and oral communication
- Advanced presentation skills and the ability to guide and influence senior leadership
- Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing environment and ability to empower teams around you
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Experience with complex decision making and problem solving using Lean / Six Sigma techniques
- Ability to inspire others through setting strategic vision and direction within Finance Ops as well as with the Business and Finance teams we support
Bonus Points If
- Oracle ERP experience and/or e-Procurement tools (Coupa, Oracle i-Procurement, Ariba, etc.)
- Experience in a global environment
- Experience in a start-up or fast-growth environment
About the Team