Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fixed Asset Staff Accountant
- Finance & Accounting - Accounting
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
This role will report to fixed asset accounting manager and will support Uber’s global infrastructure organization to ensure timely and accurate accounting and reporting for our global fixed assets including leasehold improvements. Seeking an open-minded, driven and technically sound individual to challenge the status quo and is passionate about process improvement. This role requires good communication, organization and ability to work with a cross-functional team. This role is based in Dallas.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Support Uber’s infrastructure projects, real estate construction, leasehold improvements and projects, fixed asset process related to month-end close, flux analysis and reporting
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for various GL accounts
- Analyze monthly variances across GL accounts and investigate discrepancies
- Collaborate with Global Business Service team to automate and streamline processes and review work product
- Partner closely with financials statement line item owners and business partners from various departments
- Continue to seek process improvement and automation initiatives
- Enhance existing processes and controls, perform and maintain assigned internal controls
- Support quarterly and year-end external audit activities and ongoing internal audits
- Execute special projects and complete other ad hoc assignments as required
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years professional accounting experience
- Team player, have ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenge
- Ability to interact with all departments and levels throughout our organization
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP is required
- Oracle Projects experience a plus
- CPA/CA or equivalent preferred
About the Team
We build scalable & controlled processes and help implement accounting systems and automation for our Global Accounting function.