Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at UL LLC
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Category
UL is seeking an HVAC Technician to join our Appliances, HVAC, and Lighting (AHL) Division in Plano, TX!
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World.
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
The Laboratory Technician sets up and performs a variety of tests within areas of responsibility where basic knowledge of the underlying scientific and engineering fundamentals is required. Provides feedback regarding tests and data sheets. May plan tests, evaluate test results and report opinions and interpretations.
1. Examines test samples and reads blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, measuring instruments, and operational instructions. Reviews test performance and reviews test and construction data with supervisor.
2. Builds and/or adapts setup and test equipment to new situations, based on data sheets and instructions from engineering department personnel. May direct staff in test setups.
3. Operates designated machines and special laboratory equipment. Performs routine maintenance of designated test equipment and laboratory area.
4. Receives instructions from and reports data to engineers and other laboratory personnel. May communicate with clients during the setup and performance of a test to demonstrate or otherwise illustrate equipment test methods and/or to discuss test results. May communicate with UL field representatives to discuss additional follow-up tests, samples, equipment, methods and/or results.
5. Records observed or calculated data on appropriate UL forms and prepares data sheets and test reports. May plan tests, evaluate test results and report opinions and interpretations, as directed.
6. Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
7. Performs other duties as directed.
- Technical education in HVAC/Equipment maintenance or related discipline.
- Background in HVAC or related industry and products.
- Hands-on experience preparing and setting up HVAC unit in a lab environment.
- Knowledge of AHRI or DOE test standards, set up and test requirements.