United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Sterile Processing Technician
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
The Sterile Processing Technician cares for and maintains all surgical instrumentation and sets up supplies and instruments for surgery cases. Performs and participates in decontamination, cleaning, assembling, packaging, scanning, sterilization, storage and distribution of reusable surgical instrumentation and equipment. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Must be a Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 2-3 years experience as Instrument Room Technician is REQUIRED.
- Previous experience in an Ambulatory Surgical Center preferred.
- Experience with all types of sterilizers.
- Knowledge of operating room instrumentation.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized in setting up operating room instrument tray.
- Understands and operates steam/gravity sterilizer.
- Understands Sterrad sterilizers.
- Ability to prepare reports and keep records.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and departmental supply items is required.