United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Come and join the USPI team as a Claims Biller, the largest Ambulatory Surgery Provider in the United States. We offer competitive wages and full benefits.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Central Service Organization (CSO) Claims Biller is responsible for billing hospital claims for each USPI hospital facility. This role is responsible for preparing, reviewing, and transmitting electronic and paper claims using billing software, in a controlled production and quality environment.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities –
- Competent use of computer systems, software, and 10 key calculators
- Familiarity with HIPAA privacy requirements for patient information. Maintains and protects confidential information.
- Knowledge of medical terminology likely to be encountered in medical claims.
- Ability to look up ICD 9/10 diagnosis and CPT treatment codes from online service or using traditional coding references
- Work claims clearinghouse reports for assigned facilities
- Edit Failures, Coding Updates, answer facility and departmental emails
- Assist with special projects as needed and other duties as assigned in accordance with priority
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Data entry skills, ability to analyzing information , time management, organization, professionalism and attention to detail all key competencies in this role
Healthcare- A minimum of one to three years of experience in a medical office setting