United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Come and join the USPI team as an Insurance Collector, the largest Ambulatory Surgery Provider in the United States. We offer competitive wages and full benefits.
This position is responsible for timely submission of claims to insurance companies, medical providers, and facilities along with necessary follow up to ensure timely and accurate payment. This rewarding position also assists with special projects and training as needed.
- Other assignments
- Review insurance payments for accuracy and compliance with contract discounts
- Review denials or partially paid claims and work with the involved parties to resolve the discrepancy
- Communicate with health care provider and insurance claim representatives to facilitate timely payment
- Provide excellent and professional customer service to internal and external customers
- Function as a contributing team member while meeting deadlines and productivity and quality standards
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- One -Two years of previous claims and or collections experience
- One year current experience in medical field with related job functions
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Ability to understand medical/surgical terminology
- Internet, email, MS Office and data entry skills required
- Completion of Assessment Exam showing a high level of competency.
- Must have the skills necessary to operate the office equipment required to fulfill job duties.
- Forty-five (45) wpm typing skills.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD codes
- Good communication skills: written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Commercial Managed Care Insurance Contracts and Medicare and Medicaid
- Interpretation of CPT and ICD codes
- Experience in claims processing and or billing environment
- Ability to understand and research claims payments and EOBs
- Experience in claim denials and adjustments
- Ability to work in a production and quality metric environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with team members, management and customers