United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operating Room Registered Nurse - PRN
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Baylor Medical Center at Uptown is a new state of the art surgical hospital in the Dallas’ Uptown area. Specialties and services will include Orthopedic, Spine, Pain Management, General Plastic, and Ear, Nose and Throat surgery. Our mission is to provide first-class services for the local community in a safe, comfortable, and welcoming environment; one in which we would be happy to treat our own families.
Baylor Medical Center at Uptown is a part of United Surgical Partners International (USPI). USPI owns and operates multiple surgical hospitals and ambulatory surgical care centers throughout the United States and London; with headquarter located in Addison, TX.
Baylor Medical Center at Uptown is currently seeking a Registered Nurse for the Surgical Department for PRN opportunities. The ideal candidate will be focused on excellent customer service, have the ability to multi-task, the ability to show flexibility in assignments, maintain scrupulous infection control standards, maintain professional competencies and have the ability to work as part of an interdependent multidisciplinary team. Some later evenings required.
The Surgical Registered Nurse is responsible for the nursing activities related to care of the patient experiencing an operative or other invasive procedure. The Registered Nurse is a resource person and provides guidance to non-licensed personnel. The staff member can expect to care for adult patients, including the older adult through geriatric, and pediatric patients from six years through adolescence. The attached criteria based performance evaluation provides a specific set of standards as they relate to age specific competency
- - Graduate of accredited school or professional nursing.
- - Minimum of one (1) year of OR experience
- - Current Texas RN License
- - BLS, ACLS and PALS required
- - Critical thinking skills
- - Possess the ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities
- - Possess the ability to deal tactfully with patients, families, physicians, and employees
- - Excellent communication skills with staff, physicians, patients and families.
- - Knowledgeable of hospital policies and procedures specific to the operating room.
- - Clinically proficient in OR nursing skills, demonstrating knowledge of the developmental needs of the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.