United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
OR Radiology Technologist , PRN
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Diagnostic Services the Radiology Technologist – will provide support to department with a focus on surgery. He/She will perform quality diagnostic procedures accurately and in a timely manner in surgery or in regular diagnostic radiological exams for Baylor Surgical Hospital at Fort Worth and Baylor Surgical Hospital at Fort Worth Outpatient Center.
- Perform the described duties in the primary work area and demonstrate competency in the following: IV and contrast administration, orthopedic radiology, pediatric radiology, operating room Radiology, trauma Radiology, GI Radiology, outpatient and inpatient diagnostic Radiology, myelography and arthrography.
- Perform a variety of technical tasks involved in operating x ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body as specified by physician; adjust equipment for proper exposure, voltage and current in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures.
- Determine, prepare and set up medical supplies, instruments and equipment; explain x ray procedures to patients; position patients for each anatomical view specified using immobilization and protective devices as required; report any changes in patient condition to attending medical staff.
- Monitor accessory equipment and assist attending physician with fluoroscopic examinations and special radiographic studies.
- Record amount and type of film exposed; label film with identifying information; sort as required.
- Consult with lead x-ray tech and radiologist to ensure compliance with established standards of quality.
- Process film in accordance with standardized procedures and maintain assigned work area in clean and orderly condition
- Knowledgeable of local, state, federal and Joint Commission Regulations.
- Must possess independent decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills with the staff, physicians, patients and families.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.
Required Experience and Education:
- High School diploma, or equivalent
- Graduate of an AMA-approved school of Radiologic Technology
- Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Medical Radiologic Technologist license by the Texas Medical Board
- Current BLS certification