United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Financial Advocate
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
BaylorScott&White Surgical Hospital Las Colinas is a Joint Commission accredited with 7 OR's, 12 inpatient surgical beds and Emergency Room and Imaging Services. The Patient Financial Advocate (PFA) is an integral part of the admission process, by having direct communication with patients prior to their date of service. They work closely with patients with patients to coordinate explanation of their benefits, confirmation of their personal information, and coordination of payment of their out of pocket amounts. They must have an extensive interpretation of managed care contracts, to include HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid, Workers Compensation, etc.
- In conjunction with other members of the business office team, responsible for interviewing patients, obtaining demographic confirmation with input into facility E.H.R., assuring accuracy of information.
- Ensure financial information is fully explained and understood by patient or responsible party.
- Liaison between patients, family, surgeon, and staff to coordinate care and services during patient care.
- Responsible for appropriate payment plan options to include setting up monthly payment plans, Charity Care application determination and completion per facility protocols, and other payment options.
- Participates in the development of best practices or protocols within scope of duties.
- Accountable for on-going work submitted.
- Other duties that may be assigned as needed.
- High School of HS Equivalency diploma required.
- Some college preferred.
- Three years experience in business office setting in hospital or physician's office.
- Efficiency and accuracy with computer skills, to include Microsoft products (MW Word, MS Excel, etc.).
- Knowledge of Managed Care contract interpretation.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects, ability to independently manage.
- Excellent communication skills with staff, vendors and physicians.
- Billingual preferred.
Apply online: www.uspi.com/careers
Attn: Monica Killingsworth at email@example.com