United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
This Pharmacy Technician at Baylor Surgical Hospital at Fort Worth has primary responsibility in the stocking daily anesthesia drug boxes, unit dose packaging and maintenance of floor stock, and maintaining appropriate records and charges for Baylor Surgical Hospital at Fort Worth and Baylor Surgical Hospital Outpatient Center
He/She will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Makes rounds and delivers labeled medications, controlled substances and pharmaceutical supplies.
- Monitors the accurate documentation on the Controlled Substances Administration Log on the patient care areas.
- Interprets physicians’ orders and enters into the computer system.
- Generates labels and fills drug orders according to physicians’ orders.
- Refills medication carts with accuracy and exchanges medication cubicles as per schedule.
- Responsible for unit-dose packaging the bulk medications into unit of use, and accurate documentation of the function.
- Fills drug replacement orders to various departments accurately and maintains par levels.
- Assists in checking and pricing all Direct and Wholesale Manufacturer drug orders.
- Returns drug credits to pharmacy stock.
- Assists in processing discharges and issuing credit, if necessary on all returned drugs.
- Stocks shelves and notes any drugs that will be expiring or in need of ordering.
Required skills include:
- Must have met current TSBP requirements & CE for sterile compounding.
- Must be able to provide a copy of appropriate continuing education for sterile compounding.
- Must have mathematical ability to calculate dosages and amounts required for compounding.
- Ability to operate a computer & perform data entry.
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally as well as by written communication.
- Ability to utilize Electronic Heath Care Record for patient documentation.
Required education, experience and credentials include:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of accredited Pharmacy Technician training program, preferred.
- Texas Registered Technician, required
- PTCB Certification, required
- ACPE Sterile Product Preparation Certification, required
- Minimum 2 years experience, preferably in a hospital setting
- BLS required