United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PRN Operating Room RN - Centennial Surgery Center
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
RN Operating Room Circulator is responsible for the nursing activities related to care of the patient experiencing an operative or other invasive procedure. The Circulating Operating Room Registered Nurse is a resource person and provides guidance to non-licensed personnel. The RN Operating Room Circulator can expect to care for adults patients, including the older adult through geriatric and pediatric patients from 1 month through adolescence. The attached criteria based performance evaluation provides a specific set of standards as they relate to age specific competency.
- Assisting with equipment and processing of necessary tools
- Serving as a patient advocate and ensuring patient safety at all times
- Assisting the surgeon with invasive procedures
- Assisting with positioning the patient
- Monitoring the patient's condition throughout the entire surgical process and acting quickly to respond to any changes
- Maintaining the sterile field at all times
- Exhibiting skillful clinical judgment and assessment skills
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum of two (2) years previous OR experience REQUIRED. No new graduates or RNs without previous circulating experience will be considered.
- Current Texas License as a Registered Nurse.
- Current in BLS, ACLS and PALS required.
- CNOR preferred
- Possess the ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities.
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with patients, families, physicians, and employees.
- Knowledgeable of hospital policies and procedures specific to operating room nurse.
- Clinically proficient in operating room nursing skills, demonstrating knowledge of the development needs of the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.