United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sterile Processing Technician
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
The Sterile Processing Technician cares for and maintains all surgical instrumentation for Baylor Scott & White Surgical Hospital at Fort Worth and Baylor Scott & White Surgical Hospital at Fort Worth Outpatient Center. Current shift available is Monday-Friday, 3:00-11:00 pm. Some on-call may be required.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizes appropriate PPE, while decontaminating dirty surgical instruments with use of disinfecting chemicals as recommend by the manufactures’ IFU (Instructions for Use).
- Maintains and inspects the instrumentation, ensuring bio burden is removed and functionality is intact per IFU.
- Sterilizes all instrumentation using both steam and hydrogen peroxide methods as stated in instrument IFU.
- Maintains operational supply inventory, and implants as necessary for the smooth functioning of the instrument room.
- Maintains a log for each IUSS (Immediate Use Steam Sterilizer) and autoclave. Records consist of instruments processed
- Verifies cycle parameters, understanding of keeping proper documentation according to AAMI and Hospital Polices.
Required skills include:
- Works independently; requires minimal supervision
- Communicates and works effectively with all personnel, physicians, associated hospital departments, and outside vendors.
- Understands Infection Control related to decontamination and sterilization of instruments.
- Demonstrates an understanding of flow from decontamination area to the clean processing area.
- Knowledge and operates equipment (e.g., ultrasonic machine, automated washers, cart washers, sterilizers) according to IFU and understands the washer, biological and Bowie Dick tests ran daily.
- Knowledge of maintaining Documentation for Sterilizer and Immediate Use Sterilizer.
- Follows Manufactures IFU’s when processing all instrument trays including Vendor Tray
- Knowledge on reading Sterilizer printout
- Demonstrates dependability and accountability.
- Ability to lift/push/pull 20-50 pounds on a regular basis
Required education and experience include:
Education - High school diploma or equivalent
Licensure/Certification - CBSPD or IACHSMM required, must be obtained within 18 months of hire
Specific Job Experience
- 2-3 years’ experience as Instrument Room Technician or new grad from approved Sterile Processing Course
- Experience decontaminating instruments using chemicals consisting of detergents, disinfectants, and lubricants.
- Experience identifying instruments based on description or specialty.