U.S. Concrete, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mobile Product Manager
at U.S. Concrete, inc.
- 08-Jul-2019 (CST)
- Euless, TX, USA
- Full Time
Mobile Product Manager
WheresMyConcrete, A Division of U.S. Concrete
WheresMyConcrete (WMC) provides innovative, cloud-based software solutions to the concrete industry that focus on efficiency, customer experience, and mobility. Products include dispatching, electronic billing, mobile tickets, sales tools, enhanced analytics, and live customer interaction. WMC utilizes modern web and mobile technologies in an agile, iterative environment. WMC is the software division of U.S. Concrete (NASDAQ: USCR) and services customers across the United States and Australia.
The Mobile Product Manager will report directly to the Director of Development and be responsible for all phases of the software development lifecycle in developing mobile products that aim to revolutionize the concrete industry. Utilizing leading edge technologies and agile methodology, this role will work closely with business leadership, partners and customers to rapidly design, develop and deliver mobile solutions.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated technical product professional that is well versed in mobile application development and user experience to create cutting-edge solutions for our customers.
Essential Job Functions
- Work closely with our Customers to support, develop, and implement scalable, robust solutions that increase efficiencies and improve the user experience
- Utilize agile methodology to plan sprints and launches and iterate based on user feedback
- Manage feature prioritization, scoping and costs & timeline estimates
- Responsible for planning, staffing and aiding the activities of software developers, engineers, architects, and analysts
- Manage on-site and off-shore development team
- Responsible for managing the full software development lifecycle and will lead requirements gathering and documentation, development and testing activities.
- Ensure that the team goals align with Customers' needs
- Coordination of user group meetings across Customers and departments
- Identify and proactively mitigate issues and risks around daily operations, projects, and production applications
- Other duties as required
- Experience in all aspects of launching and managing mobile & web products
- Proven track record for successfully delivering projects in an agile environment
- Experience with modern JS frameworks; WMC primarily utilizes Angular, Ember, React, and jQuery
- Strong software development/engineering background in cross-platform mobile app development (Angular & Ionic, React Native)
- Experience working in an AWS cloud environment and related Dev Ops
- Experience using AWS CloudFront to host web version of hybrid mobile apps
- Experience with GIT source code management
- Experience with developing and utilizing REST web services
- Knowledge of relational and No SQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Oracle, MS-SQL, etc
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails web development a plus
- Understanding of test-driven and/or behavior-driven development (TDD/BDD)
- Strong communication skills dealing with all levels of the organization
- Strong customer-centric mentality
- Possesses a strong knowledge of IT technologies and their capabilities.
Education and Experience
- 8+ years technical experience in a variety of system environments
- 3+ years of product management experience in an internet or software company
- 4+ years experience with modern JS frameworks
- Bachelor's degree