USMD Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mgr IT System Mgmt
at USMD Health System
Job Purpose:Positions in this function coordinate the processes and activities that focus on restoring service after an incident occurs. Monitors environment health and the facilitation of high severity incidents to improve the state of service availability and continuity. This function also includes those who operate and monitor computer and peripheral equipment. Coordinates the efforts of all functions to complete scheduled jobs in a timely manner. Documents all problems (hardware, application, facility, etc.) and takes corrective action as required. Interfaces with other departments as required..
Education & Training: Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
Required Licenses/Certifications: None
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business partners to gain understanding of their business needs
- Demonstrate understanding of applicable business platforms/applications
- Demonstrate understanding of applicable business performance metrics (e.g., KPIs, SLAs/SLGs, availability)
- Ensure that business requirements are clearly and comprehensively documented and understood, and properly implemented (e.g., SLAs, OLAs)
- Demonstrate understanding of IT security requirements defined by business partners (e.g., functional and technical access, HIPAA,PHI, PCI)
- Demonstrate knowledge of supported operating systems/ environments/platforms (e.g., Windows, UNIX, AIX, Linux, Citrix, MVS)
- Demonstrate knowledge of supported database and web/portal platforms (e.g., Oracle, SQL, Websphere)
- Demonstrate knowledge of established information security policies and procedures (e.g., HIPAA, ARRA, PHI, PII, SOX)
- Maintain knowledge of emerging system tools/technologies applicable to our business (e.g., cloud computing and how it relates to ISM)
- Utilize appropriate tools to monitor/manage resources (e.g., TotalView, BSM. ITIL)
- Analyze data to identify call drivers and optimize performance/productivity
- Apply appropriate tools to manage applicable processes (e.g., HPSM, incident management, problem management, change management, configuration management)
- Utilize appropriate instrumentation to monitor call/event activity and/or system performance (e.g., CMS, SiteScope, Cisco Works, OVO, BSM, NNM)
- Utilize applicable tools to identify services impacted (e.g., CMDB, Service Level Management, Service Central)
- Develop/maintain processes to optimize system/resource performance and productivity
- Analyze/identify the nature and impact of the problem/issue
- Escalate problems/issues to appropriate resources
- Ensure that escalated incidents are documented, resolved and closed as needed (e.g., impact to the business has been eliminated)
- Verify/validate the problem/issue identified in the incident report
- Collaborate with other technical teams and/or vendors to help resolve the problem/issue, as needed
- Document the processes used and steps taken to resolve and close incidents (e.g., Incident Management)
- Develop/maintain/utilize documentation for applicable system/process procedures (e.g., system start-up, shutdown, restore, disaster recovery, business continuity)
- Ensure quality/accuracy of data used in system/process documentation
- Generate and distribute system and process reports/documentation as needed
- Monitor effectiveness of documentation/reporting processes and identify opportunities for improvement
- Demonstrate knowledge of applicable reporting websites (e.g., ITSM)
- Assists the leadership with the long and short range planning for the server, network and phone environment and data center facility
- Develop plans for enhancements to the server / Active Directory hardware and software including capacity planning and architectural design, and coordinate these activities with other initiatives.
- Develops plans for design, capacity planning, upgrade and operations of the network environment
- Develops plans for design, capacity planning, upgrade and operations of the various enterprise phone systems
- Responsible for developing the architectural design and overseeing the administration of all servers.
- Responsible for managing the configuration, installation and maintenance of all servers.
- Responsible for managing backups on all servers and data center equipment
- Develops operational processes to ensure that all systems remain in an operating and available state
- Develops operational processes to ensure that all systems can be recovered in the event of an outage
- Responsible for monitoring tickets in the appropriate ticket queues and working with team for SLA compliancy
- Responsible for interfacing with the various customers to explain issues, work on initiatives and generally improve the overall relationship
- Responsible for continuous process improvement action that results in increased customer satisfaction and enhances the department’s effectiveness.
- Ensures the employees have an appropriate training and education plan to improve their knowledge and performance
- Performs all other related duties as assigned