USMD Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Hospital - Fort Worth Hospital - FT- Surgical Services
at USMD Health System
$9,000.00 Sign On Bonus!
Job Purpose:The Registered Nurse is a member of the care delivery team. The Registered Nurse is responsible to set the standards for the level and quality of care. The Registered Nurse has responsibility, authority and accountability for the provision of nursing care. The Registered Nurse manages and provides patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through the application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members. The role of the Registered Nurse encompasses leadership, partnership, collaboration and supervision. The Registered Nurse establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care. The Registered Nurse demonstrates a commitment to the community and to the nursing profession.
Education & Training: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
Required Licenses/Certifications:Current RN Licensure, either Texas or Compact is required.
Arlington Hospital: BLS and ACLS certification is required and must be completed upon hire. PALS (PACU and ER only) certification is required and must be completed upon hire. ENPC and TNCC are preferred for ER.
Fort Worth Hospital: BLS certification is required and must be completed upon hire. ACLS is required for OR, Pre-Op, PACU, ER, and Inpatient and may be obtained within 90 days. PALS is required for RN’s who provide care to pediatric patients in the OR, Pre-Op, PACU, and ER and may be obtained within 90 days.
Work Experience: 2 to 4 years of experience in surgical nursing preferred
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Delivers quality nursing care while minimizing the risk of infection, contamination, harm, or injury.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform specific competencies as listed on the competency validation form.
- Confirms patient identity via use of two patient identifiers and checks patient identification bracelet before procedures.
- Provides appropriate updates, instructions and patient education information to patient and family.
- Follows the hospital exposure control plans for blood borne and airborne pathogens.
- Communicates with peer and management any safety hazards identified in the workplace.
- Demonstrates an understanding of cultural differences.
- Participates in the performance improvement process within the Hospital and department.
- Delivers nursing care to assigned group of patients including education directed towards identified knowledge deficits, treatment planning, pain management and discharge planning utilizing the nursing process.
- Anticipates deteriorating life sign patterns or equipment malfunctions and takes appropriate action.
- Establishes a compassionate environment providing emotional, psychological and spiritual support to patients, friends and families.
- Demonstrates proper body mechanics in all functions
- Wears proper identification while on duty
- Perform other duties as assigned