USMD Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ultrasound Tech - PRN - Arlington Hospital - OnCall Shift
at USMD Health System
Hours: 2 On Call Shifts per week and one weekend On Call Shift per month.
Job Purpose: An ultrasound technician is a professional individual trained in an academic and clinical environment by an accredited institution that prepares students for national registry. The scope of practice includes procedures, acts and processes permitted by law for which the individual has received training and experience, has demonstrated competency and has completed ARDMS certification which is the standard of practice in ultrasound.
Job Experience: Experience with OB/GYN exams; Profiecient in obstetrical ultrasound and GYN exams (both abdominal and transvaginal)
Education/License: Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography or other health-related degree is desirable. Associate Degree or graduate from an Ultrasound program that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).Current certification by American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in specialties that is appropriate. Must be CME compliant and BLS certified.An experienced technologist is preferred, but not required.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Independently operating ultrasound equipment to produce images that are of diagnostic quality evaluating the acquired images and communicating findings with a radiologist(s) and/or medical professional(s).
• Expected to effectively work with the USMD imaging team by managing the ultrasound schedule, report equipment failures, perform appropriate QA procedures, and practicing a high level of medical ethics.
• These procedures will be scheduled at multiple USMD locations across the Dallas Fort Worth area, primarily performed at our imaging centers and clinic locations in Fort Worth, Arlington, Mansfield, Mid-Cities, Denton and Las Colinas. These locations are subject to change as the organization grows.
• Facilitates diagnostic results by obtaining, reviewing, and bringing together pertinent patient history, physical examination and supporting clinical data.
• Comforts patients by explaining procedures; assisting patient in proper positioning. If bilingual, act as translator to assist patients and others that may have a need.
• Ensures test results by selecting transducer; making equipment adjustments according to nature of test, depth of field and other specifications of test. Conducts test procedures by moving transducer by hand over specified area of body; monitoring movement on display screen.
• Ensures the ultrasound images produced, stored and reported are of high diagnostic quality. Maintains equipment and software by following operating instructions; performing quality control checks of sonographic equipment; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance procedures; backing up computer software and data; calling for repairs and information technology support.
• Maintains quality results by establishing, following, and enforcing imaging department standards.
• Enhances sonography and company reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Maintains strictest confidentiality.
• Scanning as needed.
• Conducts themselves in a professional and courteous manner at all times with coworkers, patients, physicians, vendors, and others.
• Performs other duties as assigned.