Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Head of Product Marketing
at Valet Living
Grow as We Grow and Take Your Career to New Heights!
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Head of Product Marketing will be a charismatic leader of the marketing team and own strategy for key components of the Valet Living Home mobile app. The Head of Product Marketing will develop and drive our product strategy to identify and document client and resident needs, craft the value proposition for how Valet Living Home meets these needs, ensures that the product remains relevant as markets evolve, and works across all functional groups to help drive technical product strategy, execution and delivery.
- Serve as market-facing subject matter expert (SME) for the product
- Partner with design and delivery teams to drive best in class user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) for the product
- Capture business requirements and prioritize new features and functionality
- Deliver effective presentations and product demos as needed to support client, prospect and partner meetings
- Develop deep understanding of the buying audience, gathering insight into target personas, buyer needs and the purchasing decision process to inform marketing strategies and product development
- Negotiate local and national partnerships to deliver added-value offerings
- Work across functions to develop content that helps drive technical product strategy, execution and delivery
- Create pitch decks, white papers and other content marketing assets to drive client adoption
- Oversee the production of product-focused and internal sales tools to support Valet Living Home demand generation efforts
- Conduct competitive analysis to determine product positioning, market segmentation, product service/support strategy
- Drive an audience-centric marketing approach within the organization, ensuring that product features, messaging, and campaign strategies are centered around consumer buying needs
- Oversee and provide direction for market segmentation and targeting in order to define the market opportunities for the product and partner with sales and operations associates to build business cases for expanding market presence or entering new markets
- Oversee and provide input into the process for developing consumer references, testimonials and case studies for external and internal use
- Ensure that all consumer support channels, including call center, web and email effectively serve Valet Living Home users, with incorporation of best-in-class support tools [e.g., chatbot and other artificial intelligence (AI) based technologies].
Education and Experience Requirements
- Must have experience in product management for similar apps.
- 7+ years of technology product management and marketing experience in a leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, science technology or similar field required
- MBA degree preferred.
- Previous experience thriving in both startup and corporate environments
- Has initiative and passion and is excited to lead cross-functional teams and drive strategy
- Proven track record of developing productive relationships across product management, demand marketing, operations, sales and technology
- Proven track record of working with demand generation and corporate marketing to develop holistic campaigns to drive cross-sell of multiple products
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Experience presenting to clients and industry groups to present the company and product vision and build awareness
- Experience in working for large and complex organizations
- Ability to translate complex concepts and technologies into business-oriented value propositions
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to conduct market, competitor and consumer research to gather insights and assess market opportunities
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to navigate culture across multiple functions in both corporate and field environments
- Experience interacting at the C-suite level
- Ability to create value propositions and messaging strategies
- Ability to develop strategies for creating pipeline for new offerings as well as upsell, cross-sell and account-based marketing programs to grow existing relationships
- Ability to analyze information collected from win/loss interviews and pipeline behavior (conversion rates and velocity) to detect breakdowns in the marketing and sales process
- Ability to link product launches to organizational campaign themes and goals
- Critical thinker with strong writing, communication, quantitative, presentation development and delivery skills
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of presentation platforms and outstanding PowerPoint skills
- Able to read a Gantt charts and similar analytical and marketing tools
- Physical ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time
Valet Living, LLC is an industry leader - ahead of the national trend and the founder of five nights a week doorstep trash and recycling collection.
Valet Living is a drug-free employer. All offers of employment will be contingent on successful background Check. Valet Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a Tampa Bay Times Top Workplace, Valet Living has been setting the standard for doorstep collection and recycling since 1995. Servicing over a million apartment homes across 38 states, Valet Living has grown to become not just the only national provider of doorstep collection and recycling services, but also the only nationally-recognized full service amenities provider to the multifamily industry. In addition to doorstep collection, Valet Living’s turns, maintenance and pet station solutions make life easier for both property managers and residents, while improving property values. With the launch of its resident-facing amenity services mobile app, Valet Living Home, Valet Living is now the only company in the multifamily industry to combine doorstep collection with both sustainability-related and premium home-related services. Valet Living is a portfolio company of the Private Equity Group of Ares Management, L.P. (NYSE: ARES) and Harvest Partners, LP.