Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at TBK Bank
The Staff Accountant will provide daily accounting support for TBK Bank, SSB and other Triumph companies as assigned. The Accounting Specialist will assist the Accounts Payable Manager with corporate credit card activity, prepaid expenses, vendor management, 1099 and manage accounts receivable and intercompany billings.
- Manage the billing and collection of sublease payments, intercompany billing and other accounts receivable related items
- Responsible for processing prepaid expenses and monthly accruals
- Review and audit corporate expense reimbursements within Concur for T & E items on corporate card and out of pocket expenses to ensure they are in accordance with policy
- Responsible for processing updates or perform audits for new vendors
- Reconciles general ledger accounts
- Prepare journal entries for review and recording in general ledger system
- Reconciles internal and external Bank accounts as assigned
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of general ledger entries and company classifications
- Assists with Accounts Payable processes and research
- Assist with 1099 processing and data gathering
- Manage the file room and offsite storage and records retention
- Assists with month-end close procedures
- Assist with document requests and preparation for audits / exams
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience with reconciliations, account analysis, Prepaids and Accruals, preferred
- Knowledge of Standard Accounting Practices
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal. Must be comfortable communicating with management across all divisions
- Basic knowledge of general accounting procedures and an understanding of relevant computer programs and to learn new systems quickly
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, analytical, self-motivated and possess a team attitude
- Ability to multitask and problem solve
- Must have a willingness to learn and grow to meet the changing requirement of the job and business
We offer consumer and commercial banking products from our 18 branches throughout eastern Iowa and Illinois and 34 branches throughout Colorado and western Kansas. We also offer deposit products through our Dallas branch. Our lending capabilities include commercial real estate, mortgage warehouse lending and other general business lending.
Through our Triumph Commercial Finance division, we offer asset based lending, equipment finance, legered lines of credit and insurance premium financing throughout the United States. We also offer discount factoring through our Triumph Business Capital subsidiary and insurance through our Triumph Insurance Group subsidiary.