Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The Space Planner will be responsible for developing and presenting innovative design solutions to complex problems that are practical and conducive to the customer’s needs, all while exemplifying the VARIDESK core values and strengths. In addition, the Space Planner role is also responsible for conducting spacial programming and conceptual efforts including but not limited to commercial furniture planning, architectural design, furnishings and equipment, lighting, and finishing materials.
- Possess a strong understanding of preparing architectural drawings for interior planning, design, furniture layouts, finishes, electrical, and equipment (FF&E)
- Occasionally attend local and out of town site visits as needed for field verification, ability to identify and document complex as-built conditions critical
- Collaborate with design firms, realtors, landlords and construction teams with the help of the sales team to ensure projects are in sync and on schedule
- Be creative and business-minded with the ability to forge strong professional relationships with designers, vendors, clients, and architects
- Work closely with full office sales team, order administrators, and operations team to ensure order accuracy and installation documents are accurate and up to date
- Render conceptual design ideas and prepare 2D and 3D presentations in a fast turnaround environment
- Lead in client presentations and tours of the showroom as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in architecture or interior design
- 2 to 4 years industry experience preferred
- Full understanding of commercial building codes (ADA, EGRESS, etc.)
- Functional knowledge of interior design and architecture principles and theories
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit Architecture
- Proficiency in CS5/CS6 preferred
- Exceptional organization skills and a strong written/verbal communication skill
- Capable of multi-tasking while having a keen attention to detail
- Possess a strong work ethic while embracing change and feedback for improvements
We made the first VARIDESK to help a friend with his back pain. The solution was so disruptive and successful we got a ton of requests to make more. So, we did, and we haven’t stopped since.
Our line of sit-stand desks and active office products continue to grow, and our customers now span the globe. We’re passionate about elevating people through happier, healthier, and more productive workspaces.
We’re award winners:
- Best Place to Work Top 10 – Dallas Business Journal
- National Entrepreneurs of the Year – EY
- Fastest Growing Company in DFW – SMU
We take health seriously:
- On-site gym with Peloton Cycle and daily group classes
- Comprehensive health plans
- Healthy foods and snacks
- Wellness program and insurance premium discounts
- Nicotine-free facility
We value our employees:
- All employees use VARIDESK products
- Enhanced paternity / maternity programs
- Three weeks of personal time off a year
- Offsite events and happy hours
- Short-term and long-term disability premiums covered at 100% by VARIDESK
VARIDESK provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.