Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Projection QC Technician
VER is a leading, global provider of production equipment and engineering solutions. With the world’s largest inventory of rental equipment, VER supplies the most advanced technology to a broad array of clients in the corporate, TV, cinema, live events and broadcast markets. Clients rely on VER’s depth of experience in Audio, Video, Lighting, LED, Cameras, Rigging, Media Servers, Fiber and more. With 32 offices across North America and Europe, 24/7 support, and unparalleled expertise, the skilled team at VER can support any live or taped production anywhere in the world.
The QC Technician-Projection will be responsible for all quality control, order fulfillment, repairs, and general maintenance of the local projection inventory. The position is also responsible for keeping up to date on the latest firmware and reading up on the latest manufacturer models. In terms of order fulfillment, they will be charged with ensuring that all orders are complete and on time, and then coordinating these orders with the Operations staff to ensure that every unit received by our clients is up to spec and on time.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Quality control of all units including accessories. Manufacturers include Barco, Eiki, Christie, Sanyo, Sharp, Panasonic and NEC.
- Fulfillment of all orders involving projectors. This includes running the daily reports to see what units are
- Working with the national Projection Product Manager to ensure that all procedures and specs are up to date and accurate and that the local Projection Department is in complete compliance with all these specs.
- Working with the local Engineering Manager to develop and maintain a department schedule that ensure full coverage during all client facing business hours.
- Working with the local Operations Lead to ensure that all orders are completed in a timely manner that allows them to be delivered into the clients’ hands on time and complete.
- Education - High School Diploma, GED equivalent
- Direct experience in the quality control and maintenance of large venue projectors, including repair procedures such as integrator rod, light engine cleaning, coolant/heat exchange, bore sight, fold mirror and convergence.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime when needed
- Ability to work with and mentor less experienced Projection employees
- Two or more years direct Audio/Visual experience.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
Regular after hours support can be expected. Weekend requirements can arise suddenly, and will be expected to be fulfilled when necessary. Highly demanding personalities can be encountered and will be expected to be handled in a professional manner at all times. Occasional need to go to the end user’s location will be necessary. Safe handling and disposal of high pressure vessels will be necessary.
Requirement to stand and walk for long periods of time during the day can be expected. Heavy lifting is a regular occurrence. Physical activity in a warehouse environment in proximity to machinery will be constant.
All employee benefits are 100% paid for you and your family by VER because we care about our employee’s well-being!
We are an equal opportunity employer.