Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Digital Content Writer/Editor
at Viad Corp
- Job ID
- # Positions
WE BRING THE “WOW”!
ARE YOU READY TO BE A “WOW” MAKER?
GES, Global Experience Specialists, is a global event marketing company with over 90 years and 4,000 passionate employees in North America, Europe and the Middle East. We create some of the most incredible events in the world – think traveling entertainment exhibitions, global user groups, sales conferences, holiday extravaganzas and exhibitions of all sizes. From initial strategy to show-stopping audio visual, accommodations to insightful measurement – and every detail in between – we bring brands to life!
Our mission is to create memorable event experiences, and we count on our talented employees around the world help us do it. We are looking for team members who can dream up the impossible and deliver it.
Wow I Didn’t Know GES Did That: https://www.youtube.com/embed/Mh6q13ji8Hw
We are searching for a Digital Content Writer/Editor to be located on-site and dedicated to Bell, one of our largest corporate global clients with headquarters in the Dallas/Fort Worth, TX area. You will be responsible for taking customer-targeted web content from concept to publication. The successful candidate will coordinate with a diverse team of company and external contributors, as well as internal departments, to ensure Bell’s external web presence and brand journalism stays fresh, relevant and engaging. He or she will develop strategies for generating meaningful content that garners a high volume of traffic and encourages engagement and excitement around Bell and its key priorities. Content typically includes, but is not limited to, written news articles, video interviews and behind-the-scenes features, podcast discussions and a variety of interactive content.
Tasks will include creating the pipeline of content: brainstorming, writing and assigning work, production, editing and publication.
- Brainstorm content topics with in-house staff and consultant to create stories independently or delegate assignments to other contributors and freelancers.
- Write material for the website and Bell’s brand journalism efforts and remove or revise content to maintain focus on the topics of highest audience interest
- Collaborate with writers, audio/video production teams, graphic designers, web developers and project managers.
- Supervise contributors’ progress to ensure they are meeting deadlines and staying focused on assignments.
- Proofread and edit written copy for style, tone of voice and grammar.
- Edit video and/or audio, as well as provide guidance to the production team to make necessary cuts.
- Determine best way to present information online and upload content directly, working with web team.
- Check content for accuracy and ensure it complies with copyright and privacy regulations.
- Continually check web assets and encourage contributors to supply new content to keep the website fresh for returning visitors.
- Ensure all published content meets a high standard of quality, is relevant and useful for the audience.
- Monitor visitor behavior by reviewing website statistics and providing meaningful metrics to the organization, focusing on engagement indexes.
The digital content writer/editor works collaboratively with the entire Strategic Communications department, within the Brand Engagement division. Like any newsroom, expect the pace to be fast and deadline driven. Clear communication is a key to success, as is a respectful demeanor that encourages creative cooperation.
To be successful, the writer/editor must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or English
- Proven success in creative writing, copywriting/editing, news writing, digital media and marketing.
- Ability to guide contributors to create meaningful, quality content that serves the interests of the audience and the brand.
- Familiarity with content management systems like WordPress, Drupal, Gather Content, Tumblr, etc., as well as basic CSS and HTML.
- Proficiency in use of video editing and production equipment, in addition to audio production, is preferred.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign is also preferred.
Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining GES are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
- Competitive salaries
- 401K with company match
- Healthcare/vision/dental insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Career development program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation time
- Community involvement opportunities
- Team activities
- The Bell office environment works a 9/80 work schedule.
And much more……