Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Coordinator PRN
Job Duties Include:
A Warehouse Coordinator is responsible for the daily flow of clinical supplies between the pharmacy and nursing departments. Functions to support the pharmacy and nursing departments by working with the PSR’s and clinicians to ensure that all patients/customers receive timely, accurate deliveries of supplies and medication as directed. Responsible for inventory sourcing, purchasing, and maintaining products. Maintains the inventory in compliance with legal standards and Walgreens policies and procedures.
Directs patient contact to ascertain supply needs as designated by the clinician and establish relationship with client. Communicates information to appropriate personnel and document accordingly. Generates patient orders on system. Coordinates and executes shipping schedule. Communicates with Nurse and Pharmacist to ensure availability of patient supplies and confirms deliveries. Delivers drugs and supplies for inventory, following correct purchasing procedures. Purchases all supplies for inventory, following correct purchasing procedures. Sources cost effective products as directed by the clinicians and Walgreens product contracts. Minimizes the cost of freight of product ordered and shipped to the pharmacy. Knowledgeable of products and their usage.
Maintains accurate inventory. Accountable for discrepancies. Participates in physical inventory. Implements “inventory control” and establishes minimum order quantity amounts. Monitors equipment tracking and maintenance. Obtains cost effective rental equipment. Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Walgreens information. Participates in the process for assessing, managing, and reporting medication-related incidents and equipment error and/or failures. Accurately completes QAR forms and forwards them to the general manager. Participates in on-call responsibilities if required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Maintains a current, valid driver’s license and liability insurance in the state of employment.
- Experience communicating both verbally on phone, one-on-one and in writing emails, letters, reports, to various audiences work group, team, company management, external vendors.
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents, access information on-line, etc).
- Basic email skills, internet explorer (sending, receiving, and organizing communications).
- Willing to travel at least 50% of the time for business purposes.
Prior experience working in a warehouse or delivery setting.
The position(s) described here are for Walgreens Infusions Services, a former subsidiary of Walgreens Co. (“Walgreens”). Walgreens Infusion Services became a new independent, privately-held company on 4/7/2015 following the acquisition of a majority interest in the company by Madison Dearborn Partners, a leading private equity firm based in Chicago. Walgreens will retain a significant minority interest in the new company and will have representatives on the company’s board of directors. As such, Walgreens will continue to have a role in ensuring the future success of the new company.