Wayne Fueling Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Service Technician I
at Wayne Fueling Systems
The Field Service Technician will work with other field service technicians and customer service personnel to install, trouble-shoot and repair petroleum equipment in locations where fuel is stored, sold (convenience stores), and transported. Today the staff is located at the company headquarters in Richardson, TX. The company plans to grow this department from a cost center to a profit center covering coast-to-coast locations.
The ideal candidate will have computer installation experience in petroleum equipment, field service support and travel. Job duties include (but are not limited to) travel to customer locations, install or repair automatic tank gauges, point-of-sale equipment, fuel dispensing equipment, pull cable through conduit inside and outside. Candidates must have a good driving record and automobile insurance. Other requirements are listed below.
Candidate Experience and Qualification:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 to 3 years of field-based technical support experience, preferably in a related industry, or equivalent combination of education & experience
- Prior experience in a Field Service position such as auto-mechanic, electrician, plumber, welder or other technical field experience
- Experience in the convenience fueling industry is desired
- Effective interpersonal skills, both verbal and written communications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- Must be able to use a variety of tools
- Must be physically able to perform the following including:
- Lift 50 pounds
- Climb ladders
- Turn wrenches and other tools
- Ability to travel up to 40% is required (heavier and lighter times); must be able to travel with short notice
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in excess of 8 hours per day
- Fluent English language skills; ability to effectively/clearly communicate
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be legally eligible to drive
The information contained within this job description overview is not intended to be all-inclusive. Nothing in this job description restricts management or the company’s ability to assign or reassign duties and/or responsibilities to or from this role at any time. This document is subject to change with or without notice.
Dover Fueling Systems is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. Dover Fueling Systems conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations