Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tax Manager or Senior Manager - Not-for-profit experience - Private Client Services
Weaver has built a nationwide presence on an unwavering commitment to its clients’ success, acting with integrity and always striving to transcend expectations. The firm has grown to be the 37th largest firm in the United States, according to INSIDE Public Accounting; it is also ranked the largest independent accounting firm based in the Southwest by Accounting Today magazine. Weaver employs more than 700 people in eleven offices from coast to coast.
From Fortune 500 multinational companies to start-ups, Weaver is a national firm serving commercial, financial services and government clients. The firm is particularly well known in the financial services, energy, manufacturing and distribution, construction, technology, real estate and health care industries, as well as the public sector. Weaver services go beyond traditional assurance and tax services to include risk advisory, transaction advisory, IT advisory, energy compliance and consulting, forensics and litigation services, and specialty tax services such as international tax, state and local tax and private client services. Learn more at www.weaver.com.
Position Summary: Weaver is looking for a Tax Manager to join our Dallas or Fort Worth office. This person will have not-for-profit expertise. The Manager will plan, supervise and review multiple engagements and client assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Core Competency is the demonstrated ability to carry out the primary responsibilities of the job which should be reflected in the essential duties section of the job description.
- Adhere to the Firm’s policies and procedures, core values, demonstrate their importance to others, and provide input to management on suggested modifications to Firm policies and procedures as necessary
- Demonstrate effective research and problem solving skills.
- Perform technical review of complex tax returns and research.
- Provides feedback on performance to members within the Firm’s reporting process, monitors CPE needs and requests specialized training for staff.
- Prepares client ready deliverables that require few content changes by Senior Managers and Partners.
- Responsible for assisting and actively participating in the development of departmental training, methodology and tools.
- Monitor engagement progress against client expectations.
- Continue to demonstrate the firm’s billing standards and meet the required billing goals set with your Direct Report Manager.
- Expanded involvement in firm and service line administrative duties as requested.
- Develop advanced knowledge in niche area.
- Responsible for ensuring engagement staff follow up on open items and issues and that engagement deliverables are completed timely.
- Demonstrate the ability to build networks of contacts and to identify opportunities for cross selling Firm services to clients by focusing on client service skills and building strong relationships with clients.
- Participate in the proposal process.
- Consistent completion of tax returns or financial statements.
- Assist and mentor staff, actively cultivating an environment that challenges, encourages, and fosters learning.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, execute, and deliver work independently with limited supervision on large complex engagements.
- Monitor and supervise progress of staff, where applicable, in all engagement phases; provide performance feedback when needed.
- Perform a review of the work prepared by others for coverage, completeness, accuracy, and technical proficiency.
- Effectively delegate tasks to facilitate professional development and efficient utilization of firm resources.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of tax return processes and financial statements.
- Work closely with all experienced team members to identify and resolve issues encountered in completing engagement objectives through effective and timely communication.
- Consistently take ownership of assigned engagement objectives and demonstrate the ability to plan multiple concurrent engagements while maintaining the department staff schedule.
- Keep team members apprised of engagement and scheduling issues on a timely basis.
- Work with your Direct Report to develop a charge goal, along with a plan to achieve and monitor your monthly and annual goal.
- Work with direct report manager to develop an appropriate plan of professional development, professional reading, and CPE, and take responsibility to ensure that plan is achieved.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the client’s operations, accounting systems, financial condition, and the industry in which it operates.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship and demonstrate effective communication with client personnel at appropriate levels.
- Maintain appropriate professionalism in client and team interactions.
- Responsible for ensuring that deliverables and workpapers produced by team members are clear and concise and comply with firm standards.
- Identify and develop budget and deadline considerations and strive for adherence.
- Be familiar with and adhere to relevant ethical requirements of the AICPA, contained in the Code of Professional Conduct, the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy, and the Texas Society of CPA’s in discharging their professional responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Master’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- CPA with 5-7 or more years of experience in public accounting.
- Tax Managers possess a thorough understanding of individual, partnership, S-Corp, C-Corp returns, research and general business planning knowledge.
- Expertise in not-for-profit is preferred
- Possess technical knowledge sufficient to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Demonstrates independent thinking and strong decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to manage and develop staff.
- Strong relationship management and practice development skills.
- Experience with a variety of industries and all aspects of federal tax laws.
- Accounting Managers possess a thorough understanding of accounting issues and financial statement preparation.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Team orientation and strong interpersonal skills.
Weaver is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employee Referral Program Eligible