Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tax Senior Associate I, II or III - Business Tax Services
Weaver has built a nationwide presence on an unwavering commitment to its clients’ success, acting with integrity and always striving to transcend expectations. The firm has grown to be the 37th largest firm in the United States, according to INSIDE Public Accounting; it is also ranked the largest independent accounting firm based in the Southwest by Accounting Today magazine. Weaver employs more than 700 people in eleven offices from coast to coast.
From Fortune 500 multinational companies to start-ups, Weaver is a national firm serving commercial, financial services and government clients. The firm is particularly well known in the financial services, energy, manufacturing and distribution, construction, technology, real estate and health care industries, as well as the public sector. Weaver services go beyond traditional assurance and tax services to include risk advisory, transaction advisory, IT advisory, energy compliance and consulting, forensics and litigation services, and specialty tax services such as international tax, state and local tax and private client services. Learn more at www.weaver.com.
Position Summary: Weaver is looking for a Tax Senior Associate I, II or III to join our Dallas or Fort Worth office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Core Competency is the demonstrated ability to carry out the primary responsibilities of the job which should be reflected in the essential duties section of the job description.
- Adhere to the Firm’s policies and procedures, core valules, demonstrate their importance to others, and provide input to management on suggested modifications to Firm policies and procedures as necessary.
- Work closely with all team members to identify and resolve issues encountered in engagement objectives through effective and timely communication.
- Consistently assume responsibility for assigned engagements under the supervision of more experienced staff and prepare tax returns and/or communicated engagement objectives with limited guidance.
- Keep supervisors apprised of assignment status and progress through timely communication.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and demonstrate effective communication with client personnel at appropriate levels.
- Exhibit initiative and sense of responsibility by ensuring follow through of open items and issues through completion.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments of varying sizes and complexity within given timeframe and budget.
- Begin gaining a general understanding of all services offered by the firm.
- Continue to expand understanding of tax and accounting concepts and knowledge.
- Research and identify tax and accounting treatment for issues, propose solutions and consult with experienced staff as necessary.
- Assist with planning activities related to assigned projects.
- Begin assisting in the training and development of staff; and provide performance feedback as needed.
- Begin to demonstrate the ability to supervise less experienced staff and review their work product.
- Learn and practice effective delegation and utilization of staff.
- Begin development of expertise in niche area.
- Work with your Direct Report to develop a charge goal, along with a plan to achieve and monitor your monthly and annual goal.
- Work with direct report manager to develop an appropriate plan of professional development, professional reading, and CPE, and take responsibility to ensure that plan is achieved.
- Demonstrate a more than basic understanding of clients’ business operations and accounting systems.
- Maintain appropriate professionalism in client and team interactions.
- Submit work papers for review that are complete, well organized, and timely.
- Demonstrate mindfulness of budget and deadline considerations and strive for adherence.
- Work diligently towards acquisition of CPA license if not already licensed.
- Be familiar with and adhere to relevant ethical requirements of the AICPA, contained in the Code of Professional Conduct, the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy, and the Texas Society of CPA’s in discharging their professional responsibilities.
Corporate Compliance Responsibilities:
Understands and adheres to the policies and procedures compliance standards as set forth by Weaver and Tidwell, LLP. Ensure that the staff are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific to their jobs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, unless it would cause an undue hardship. The employee or potential employee still has his or her responsibility to be able to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Masters degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Team orientation and strong interpersonal skills.
- CPA candidate required, CPA preferred
- 2-3+ years of experience in public accounting, industry, or a combination of public accounting and industry experience, or its equivalent.
- Experience supervising 1-3 or more individuals.
- Experience with individual, partnership, S-Corp, C-Corp returns.
- Possess sufficient technical skills to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Experience with Quick Books, ProSystem fx, and CCH Engagement, or similar software.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work with exposure to noise at various levels for an office environment.
- Ability to type on a keyboard and look at computer screen for 8 hours or more a day.
- Ability to handle deadline pressure as it applies to the department engagements.
- Overtime may be required.
- Ability to lift up to 5 pounds on a frequent basis; up to 25 pounds on an infrequent basis.
- Ability to move, stoop, and/or bend over repeatedly as needed to reach files, workpapers, and other office materials.
- Position requires tolerance for moderate stress.
- Travel may be required. Trips may be required with minimal notice.
Weaver is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employee Referral Program Eligible