Weir Oil & Gas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Global Process Owner - Manufacturing
at Weir Oil & Gas
- Job Location
- US-TX-Fort Worth
- Shift Schedule
- NS / Exempt
- Manages Others
Business Need / Purpose of Role
The GPO owns the end-to-end processes within the Manufacturing value stream and is responsible for recommending and improving business process and SGT/SAP changes that will support and enhance the Minerals operations in line with the divisional strategy.
Review business use of the systems; engage with the user community and management to understand pain points and improvement opportunities. Provide guidance, education to super users and help facilitate the adoption of SGT into the businesses.
Develop business context around SAP processes to educate the user community, ensuring our system processes add value and support the business processes.
Review and critically analyse Requests for Change (RfC) to ensure all sites adhere to standardised and harmonised processes across the Division as well as ensuring we focus on value add activities.
Work closely with the SDT and MAST teams to develop effective technology solutions, system configuration and training materials that meet the requirements of the value stream blueprint and division strategic goals and objectives. Assist the SDT team to deploy the SGT solution to businesses through fit/gap analysis, governance and support throughout the implementation process.
Objectives & Measurement - Key Responsibilities
Including but not limited to:
- Identify areas for improvement and action
- Evaluate current problem areas
- Align processes with Divisional strategy
- Facilitate improvement initiatives and agile sprints
- Increase efficiency and effectiveness of business processes
- Identify and implement relevant real-time global reports
- Reinforce adherence to SGT processes
- Add business context and application to systems processes
- Support the MAST/SDT teams in training material development
- Educate key users on improved system use
- Develop communication on improvements, guides, tips and tricks to user community
- Provide feedback to change requesters on RfC’s
- Educate key users and managers on best and improved use of system and benefits thereof
- Guide businesses in adhering to standard and harmonised processes
- Develop and implement divisional processes in line with divisional strategy
- Align key stakeholders on the direction of the global processes
- Audit business compliance to SGT processes
- Review, evaluate and guide on system changes
- Attend and advise ERB (enhancement review board) on RfC’s
- Review, communicate and approve RfC’s
- Comply with SGT governance requirements
- Support fit/gap analysis through workshops, reviews, demonstrations and overviews
- Help to document gaps and articulate business need and value
- Assist in identifying or developing solutions to gaps
- Support the adoption of SGT through super user guidance, education, meetings and assisting the SDT
- Actual improvements achieved in Minerals businesses, confirmed by local MD.
- Improvement in training and communication on systems processes, confirmed by business LPOs.
- Establish baseline on current level of standardization and harmonization, and achieve an improvement above current baseline.
- Become an integral and essential component of the SAP governance processes.
- Successful completion of the fit/gap and ensuing RfC process for the relevant value stream in all new implementations.
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications
Education and/or Experience:
- Relevant degree in operations and/or business systems
- 7-10 years’ experience Manufacturing Operations
- Preferred 5+ years of SAP/ERP experience in Production Planning and Manufacturing Execution
- In depth understanding of Planning and Manufacturing processes and best practices
- Leadership and/or project management capabilities
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
SAP transactional experience in relevant value stream. Experience in general PC use, e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Strategic thinker – ability to align system changes and processes with division strategy
Detailed orientated – Need to understand system transactions and processes to understand how to apply and improve
Leadership skills – Play leadership role in improving and governing system processes and lead agile improvement activities
Results driven – Ability to work within a continual changing environment and support agile improvements
Process and functional knowledge – Need high degree of business process and functional system knowledge in relevant value stream