Weir Oil & Gas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Weir Oil & Gas
- Job Location
- US-TX-Fort Worth
- Manages Others
Weir has been in business since 1871 and our sustainability and success has been built on attracting, retaining, and developing exceptional people.
As a global company, employing around 15,000 people in over 70 countries, we reflect the diversity of our customers in the diversity of our people and ensure everyone is given the opportunity to flourish regardless of their gender, race, beliefs or background.
Weir is an inclusive and innovative organisation where you can be your authentic self. We continually develop our talent and diversity of thought to keep our business relevant, innovative and successful for the future.
Enabling our people to unleash their full potential is central to ‘We are Weir’, our vision, mission, and strategic priorities. We aim to be the most admired engineering business in our markets and we'll achieve that ambition by being the employer of choice in our markets.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities across a variety of technical and business roles in engineering, manufacturing and service locations worldwide.
Business Need / Purpose of Role
Engineer will serve as the primary resource for all Mechanical Integrity expertise at the Fort Worth Site to improve the safety, reliability, and efficiency of plant assets by developing, implementing, and analyzing maintenance & reliability metrics, processes, procedures, and standards for the purpose of ensuring improved reliability, optimal equipment performance and continued environmental compliance.
Objectives & Measurement - Key Responsibilities
- Maintain production equipment, buildings, building equipment, and grounds to meet business requirements
- Manage assigned Services and Contractor resources within budget guidelines
- Act as a resource to the operations team to upgrade, expand, improve, and implement effective PM programs and practices throughout the operation
- Work closely with all functional maintenance groups to inventory, manage, and track spare parts
- Act as backup and support for the troubleshooting and repair of process equipment and systems
- Manage projects and act as a project team member on projects managed by others Utilize all standard planning, tracking, and reporting software and methods
- Oversee environmental initiates in support of ISO 14001 certifications with respect to recycling, waste management, energy conservation and enhancements to the Environmental Management System
- Develop recommendations for facilities and process equipment capital upgrades
- Provide backup for the maintenance manager in all areas as needed
- Act as a primary resource to implement Lean Initiatives, including TPM and 5S activities
- Act as a key resource for implementation and maintenance of the CMMS system
- Own and administer the Plant Mechanical Integrity Programs, including evaluating condition of equipment to predict life needed maintenance intervals, identify bad actors and develop mitigating strategies.
- Develop Predictive and Preventative Maintenance strategies for equipment including critical spares program
- Provide technical expertise to Operations, Maintenance, and other technical personnel in the design and specifications for equipment, vendor bid evaluation and equipment selection
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or other technical area. 5-7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment. Technical background to allow for understanding of equipment. Technical knowledge and good understanding of building structures, utilities and facility equipment. Ability to quickly assess problems and able to process workable solutions. Familiar with ISO policies and procedures. Self-starter with strong organizational, attention to detail, and project management skills. Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds. Computer proficiency: Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office, CMMS.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Accounting, Database, Design, Development, Human Resource Systems, Inventory, Manufacturing, Order Processing, Payroll, Project Management, Spreadsheet, Word Processing
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Moderate (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.