Weir Oil & Gas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Public Cloud Engineer
at Weir Oil & Gas
- Job Location
- US-TX-Fort Worth
- Shift Schedule
- NS / Exempt
- Manages Others
Weir has been in business since 1871 and our sustainability and success has been built on attracting, retaining, and developing exceptional people.
As a global company, employing around 15,000 people in over 70 countries, we reflect the diversity of our customers in the diversity of our people and ensure everyone is given the opportunity to flourish regardless of their gender, race, beliefs or background.
Weir is an inclusive and innovative organisation where you can be your authentic self. We continually develop our talent and diversity of thought to keep our business relevant, innovative and successful for the future.
Enabling our people to unleash their full potential is central to ‘We are Weir’, our vision, mission, and strategic priorities. We aim to be the most admired engineering business in our markets and we'll achieve that ambition by being the employer of choice in our markets.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities across a variety of technical and business roles in engineering, manufacturing and service locations worldwide.
Business Need / Purpose of Role
The Public Cloud Engineer is a senior level engineer within the Group Infrastructure team that will manage, maintain, monitor, and secure all servers (IaaS) and services (PaaS) within in the Microsoft Azure stack. This position will provide direction and implementation following best practices for Weir’s strategic vision with platform scaling/growth in mind from the beginning. The Public Cloud Engineer will work across the enterprise to coordinate with the various stakeholders and cross functional team members in a highly distributed international environment.
Objectives & Measurement - Key Responsibilities
- Design, deploy, and maintain Azure products and services across multiple tenants and subscriptions
- Design and maintain Active Directory (on-prem and AzureAD), DNS, DHCP, and certificate management
- Design Azure deployments based on business requirements within the proper guidelines and security requirements set forth by Weir
- Consolidation of multiple Azure tenants and subscriptions
- Design and report on costing within the tenants
- Assist with Office 365 solutions and integrations
- Create and maintain detailed technical documentation
- Creation and execution of maintenance plans designed to keep systems up-to-date, while keeping with our published service level agreements (SLA)
- Design and maintain enhanced data recovery solutions
- Respond to system outages and crisis events as needed
- Keep up-to-date with the latest changes in the Azure Stack and related technologies and summarize to high-level for management team
- Provide robust solutions while adhering to an advanced security posture
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- Exhibits strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Proactively looks for process improvement
- Demonstrate ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Exceptional customer first mindset in all work
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in IT or computer engineering or equivalent experience with 10 or more years of experience designing and managing infrastructure systems. Extensive hands on experience working in Microsoft Windows environments. Deep understanding of computer networks including routing, switching, and network security.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with core Azure platform
- Extensive understanding of IT security approach is a must
- Windows Server administration
- Hands on experience with monitoring tools
- Knowledge of firewalls and general networking architecture
- Excellent writing and documentation skills
- Current MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Personal Protective Equipment is required in certain areas of the facility. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
Design - Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.