Westwood Professional Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Survey Crew Chief
at Westwood Professional Services
Survey Crew Chief - Dallas, TX
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. a leader in land and energy development is searching for a full-time Survey Crew Chief in our Dallas, TX office.
In this role the Survey Crew Chief will:
- Provide technical expertise to internal and external clients
- Perform field work for land surveying scopes of work including construction staking, boundary location, ALTA, and topography for various project types
- Organize field staking materials as necessary
- Operate GPS, total stations and data collectors
- Transfer files between data collectors and internal company project folders
- Maintain productive working relationships with all clients and coworkers
- Adhere to the company’s Safety, Quality Management and Equipment Maintenance policies
- Physically mobile in and around construction sites and field assignments
- Ability to carry survey equipment and supplies in remote, rural or urban surroundings
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and walk long distances
- Must be able to operate a robotic total station and GPS in both static and RTK modes
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle with a valid license and clean driving history
- OSHA 10 and CPR/First Aid or ability and willingness to acquire it
- Must be able perform tasks and solve problems with a high degree of independence
- Basic “office suite” computer skills
- Ability to travel and remain on a project site for up to several weeks
- An Associate’s Degree in Surveying, Engineering Technology, or related area of study
- Residential or Commercial development and construction projects
- Wind energy, solar energy, or related power generation projects
- Coordinating activities with office personnel, including surveying technicians and engineering staff
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood) is a leading national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, wind and solar energy, electric transmission, and oil and gas pipeline projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2016, Westwood ranked #9 on the Zweig Group’s Hot Firm list for the second year in a row and moved up to #24 on their list of Best Firms to Work For. Westwood also placed in the top ten on POB’s Top 100 list for the second year in a row. In 2015, the firm received the Zweig Group Trifecta award, Zweig Group Marketing Excellence awards in three categories, SMPS Marketing and Communications awards, Minneapolis Star Tribune Top Workplaces, #6 Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal Fast Fifty, and a spot on the Inc. 5000.