Westwood Professional Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Survey Instrument Person
at Westwood Professional Services
Survey Instrument Person - Dallas, TX
Westwood Professional Services, Inc
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. a leader in land and energy development is searching for a full-time Instrument Person in our Dallas, TX office.
In this role the Instrument Person will:
- Responsible for assisting the Crew Chief in the operation of a field survey crew.
- The major objectives are the quality (accuracy, thoroughness, meeting regulatory requirements, public relations) of work, safety, and maintenance of equipment.
- Must operate equipment, maintain safe work environment, protect and maintain the equipment and vehicles, accurately and efficiently collect field data and locate features.
- Record accurate and clear surveying notes
- Accurately record data points with data collector
- Set wooden stakes and iron rods, cut and clear brush, trees, etc.
- Adhere to the company’s Safety, Quality Management and Equipment Maintenance policies
- Physically mobile in and around construction sites and field assignments
- Ability to carry survey equipment and supplies in remote, rural or urban surroundings
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and walk long distances
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Three (3) to four (4) years of progressive experience in land survey field operations and proficiency with land survey equipment (total stations) and GPS is required.
- Good technical skills; process oriented behavioral traits including being steady, helpful, analytical, a problem solver, likes work alone when required, methodical, consistent, detail oriented, precise, likes structure.
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Comfortable working at heights and on water bodies as required.
- OSHA 10 and CPR/First Aid or ability and willingness to acquire it
- Must be able to operate with a high degree of independence.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Team player, a "go getter," and having a positive attitude are a MUST
- Ability to travel and remain on a project site for 3-4 weeks at a time (must have the capability of self-funding the total amount of expenses until reimbursement can be disbursed)
- An Associate's Degree in Surveying, Engineering Technology, or related are of study
- Residential or Commercial development and construction project experience is a plus
- Wind energy, solar energy, or related power generation project experience is a plus
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood) is a leading national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, wind and solar energy, electric transmission, and oil and gas pipeline projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2016, Westwood ranked #9 on the Zweig Group’s Hot Firm list for the second year in a row and moved up to #24 on their list of Best Firms to Work For. Westwood also placed in the top ten on POB’s Top 100 list for the second year in a row. In 2015, the firm received the Zweig Group Trifecta award, Zweig Group Marketing Excellence awards in three categories, SMPS Marketing and Communications awards, Minneapolis Star Tribune Top Workplaces, #6 Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal Fast Fifty, and a spot on the Inc. 5000.