Zensar Technologies Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Zensar Technologies Inc
- Provide Tier II level resolution and customer support to all VoIP issues across the enterprise
- Troubleshoot common VoIP issues including identifying and correcting issues with endpoints, trunks, dial plans, and profiles;
- Requires recent, hands-on technical experience supporting unified communications and Voice over IP (VoIP) telephony services;
- Responsible for the administration and maintenance of a large Cisco campus wide enterprise VOIP network;.
- At least five years of experience implementing, troubleshooting, and documenting converged networks interconnecting endpoints, gateways, and teleconference bridge products.
- Must possess a strong understanding of telecommunication circuits (DS-0, DS-1, DS-3, T-1, T-3, PRI, and BRI) and multimedia protocols (H.323, SIP, SCCP, MGCP, RTP, RTSP, RTCP, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline;
Must have recent hands-on experience with the following tools and technologies:
- Cisco Call Manager
- Cisco Unity
- Cisco Telepresence
- E911 environments
- Cisco Unified Communications Manger 8.x
- Cisco Servers (VM and traditional platforms)
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Express
- Polycom products
- Cisco IOS 12.x/15.x
- Perl scripting language for automating configuration changes
Other recent hands-on experience must include:
- Troubleshooting common VoIP issues (identifying and correcting issues with endpoints, trunks, dial plans, profiles, etc.);
- Experience with DOD, DISA STIG, and DIA VoIP security requirements and the ability to meet and/or mitigate security requirements;
- Configuring Cisco routers to act as VoIP gateways;
- Managing conferences through the MCU/MCS;
- Troubleshooting common VTC issues (identification of failed endpoints, bandwidth saturation, misconfigured conferences, etc.);
- Good understanding of system networking over diverse topologies and environments and the limitations and advantages of different network/system architectures;
- Troubleshooting installation and break/fix issues associated with Voice and/or Video over IP products and integrating these components within heterogeneous network environments involving legacy PBX systems and the PSTN;
- Supporting voice end-users, coordinating with Cisco TAC, and telecommunication carriers’ Tier 2 and 3 support groups, tracking and escalating trouble tickets, and working with end-users;
- Deploying and maintaining server-based and router-based dial plans;
- Licensing of devices and servers (VoIP and DVTC);
- Reviewing Ethernet packet captures using tcpdump, Ethereal, Wireshark, etc., study network traffic flows, read interface statistics and identifying network connectivity and performance problems affecting Voice and Video over IP communications.
- Recent experience troubleshooting voice and video problems in an enterprise or service provider environment is a big plus;
- Experience modifying firewall rule sets and/or effectively communicating firewall rule changes to ensure multimedia applications are capable of successfully traversing across firewalls is a plus;
- Recent experience as a Linux and/or Windows System Administrator is a big plus.